Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• mark 9 posts 90 karma points
    Sep 05, 2019 @ 10:54
    mark

Creating my first template

I am creating my first template. I'm new to Umbraco and I'm following this Umbraco tutorial... https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Tutorials/Creating-Basic-Site/Creating-Your-First-Template-and-Content-Node/

I don't understand this part: "Open up index.html from the Retrospect template..."

I don't know where this index.html file is and I don't know what the Retrospect template is ..?

thanks.

• Micha Somers 134 posts 597 karma points
    Sep 05, 2019 @ 11:04
  • mark 9 posts 90 karma points
    Sep 05, 2019 @ 14:10
    mark

thanks, Micha. I've looked at the getting started guide. However, when looking at the files on our Umbraco server, there is still no index.html file nor a Retrospect template..? so I'm still confused.

maybe its because i've installed a package over the basic installation? I've installed this package: "CodeShare Starter Kit v8"

• Tarik | WPPlumber 179 posts 801 karma points c-trib
    Sep 06, 2019 @ 09:44
    Tarik | WPPlumber

I don't know where this index.html file is and I don't know what the Retrospect template is ..?

The files are in other site which provides the code to download it.

I don't see the issue is related to the package you installed, and I suggest to use a package with single content node to consider it as a sample and see how it works.

UPillar v8 is an Umbraco starter theme for Resume or CV.

• Marty Bowman 1 post 71 karma points
    Oct 08, 2020 @ 19:40
    Marty Bowman

Thanks for this. Moving along at a steady pace, and then:

Blockquote Open up "index.html" from the "Retrospect" template in your favourite text editor.

with no indication of what it is, or where it is.

I thought I'd missed something.

MB

• David Little 2 posts 72 karma points
    Oct 11, 2019 @ 10:53
    David Little

Hi Abuabdellah Thanks for providing a link to where the files are. I had the same issue as Mark in that I could see where they were either.

For anyone else reading this, is it possible to have the tutorial page updated slightly with a direct link to the template?

Link to page

Thanks. David.

• PAblo 2 posts 72 karma points
    Apr 27, 2021 @ 13:10
    PAblo

I cannot find any "retrospect" template. templated.co/retrospect does not exist. Is there somewhere else I can access these?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft