Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Josip 195 posts 662 karma points c-trib
    Sep 05, 2019 @ 11:08
    Josip

Umbraco backoffice login error

In some cases suddenly I cant open Umbraco login page and my members cant login from they frontend login pages.

This is the error:

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

And the error is gone when I comment this line: https://cdn.livechat-static.com/api/file/lc/att/7186871/12cd480fe11ea7d4372831cb7c038690/config_file.jpg

Why this things get happening? Same thing happens to both Umbraco 7 and Umbraco 8.

Anybody else got that issue?

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Sep 05, 2019 @ 11:32
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi Josip,

This is not a standard handler that is shipped with Umbraco v7 or v8. Any reason for adding this handler and the logic inside it i.e. causing the issue?

Regards,

Shaishav

Sep 05, 2019 @ 11:36
    Josip

Hi Shaishav,

I am sorry, I dont understund what are you trying to say. What logic you are saying that I have included?

BR

Josip

Sep 05, 2019 @ 12:13

Hi Josip,

BockViewHandler that you have commented in the screenshot is not included in standard Umbraco installation.

So, wanted to understand how does that got added?

Regards,

Shaishav

Sep 05, 2019 @ 12:19
    Josip

I dont know, but when I check all my Umbraco solutions i can see it there but give me few minutes to install fresh Umbraco installation and I will let you know.

BR

Josip

Sep 05, 2019 @ 12:27
    Josip

After I installed fresh Umbraco installation BockViewHandler exist in Umbraco/Views/web.config file

Sep 05, 2019 @ 12:52

Thanks - got it!

Please can you check log file for any hint.

I saw this thread that also faced same issue and have discussed on the thread. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2355947/error-allowdefinition-machinetoapplication-beyond-application-level

Regards,

Shaishav

Sep 05, 2019 @ 13:09
    Josip

Thanks, I will try solutions provided in that thread, my problem is occuring only on live server, never localy. This is info from log viewer:

Exception
    System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (D:\Inetpub\vhosts\codeart.hr\test.codeart.hr\web.config line 254)
       at System.Configuration.ConfigurationSchemaErrors.ThrowIfErrors(Boolean ignoreLocal)
       at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
       at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(String configKey)
       at System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.GetSectionObject(String sectionName)
       at System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.GetSection(String sectionName, Type type, ResultsIndex index)
       at System.Web.Configuration.RuntimeConfig.get_HttpRuntime()
       at System.Web.HttpContext.get_AsyncPreloadMode()
       at System.Web.ImplicitAsyncPreloadModule.OnEnter(Object sender, EventArgs e, AsyncCallback cb, Object state)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

• Hakim 4 posts 74 karma points
    Jan 29, 2020 @ 20:49
    Hakim

Did you get a solution for this? I am facing similar error on deploying the site to a hosting provider.

Jan 30, 2020 @ 13:31
    Josip

There could be different reasons which cause this problem but I dont have problem with it since I am using CI/CD for changes on web.config and other files. I think that in my case the reason was changing web.config settings through plesk interface.

• Hakim 4 posts 74 karma points
    Jan 30, 2020 @ 14:57
    Hakim

I guess same issue. Re-deployed on a different folder and it worked fine. Also had to keep the debug=true setting on to load the backoffice.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft