Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tomas van der Rijst 4 posts 74 karma points
    Sep 11, 2019 @ 07:21
    Tomas van der Rijst

Can't login to authorize upgrade to Umbraco 8.1

Hi, I'm trying to migrate my Umbraco 7.13 to Umbraco 8.1. I'm using this guide. I've succesfully completed step 1 so my site is now using version 7.14. I've set my connectionstring and i changed the version in my web.config to 7.14.0 but when i lauch it it will go to a login screen where I can't login to authorize the upgrade (url is http://localhost:59950/umbraco/AuthorizeUpgrade?redir=%2finstall%2f%3fredir%3dtrue%26url%3dhttp%253a%252f%252flocalhost%253a59950%252fumbraco#/login/false?returnPath=%252Fcontent). I can't login with the account created in the setup, which is logicall cause I'm using a different database now, and I can't login using the accounts made in 7.13.

I've stumbled across this issue and tried the suggested solve but that didn't work for me. Can someone help me?

• Steve Megson 151 posts 1022 karma points MVP c-trib
    Sep 11, 2019 @ 09:34
    Steve Megson

It's worth trying in an incognito window. I've sometimes managed to get my browser into a state where I'm logging in with a valid account, but then 8.1 sees cookies set by a previous version that it doesn't understand and thinks I need to log in again.

Sep 11, 2019 @ 09:37
    Tomas van der Rijst

Thanks for your reply, unfortunatly it doesn't work, I even tried it on a different pc. I fear it has something to do with the Database connection but I'm not sure.

Sep 11, 2019 @ 10:03
    Tomas van der Rijst

I've tried resetting the password with this package but it didn't helped. Since this didn't work I'm nearly certain that it has something to do with de database connection but I can't really think of what is going wrong.

• Michael Nielsen 82 posts 362 karma points
    Sep 13, 2019 @ 11:09
    Michael Nielsen

Hi Tomas

I've had the same problem.

In my case, it was caused by that the properties on UsersMembershipProvider in Web.config wasn't the same on the 2 projects.

So try copying the properties from the v7 project to your v8 project, that was what fixed it for me.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft