Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Erik Rogers 6 posts 107 karma points
    Sep 11, 2019 @ 19:19
    Erik Rogers

Error 415: Left hand pane (content, media, etc.) not loading

I've been searching around for a solution to this for a few days, but haven't found anything yet... The content tree (as well as the media tree, developer tree, etc.) pane does not display on a site of ours (Umbraco 7.12.3, though I also tried copying the site & database and upgrading to 7.15.3 to see if that fixed it: it did not)

Console shows a 415 error on GET for /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoTrees/ApplicationTree/GetApplicationTrees?application=content&tree=&isDialog=false

I've tried the dependency cache and deleting umbraco.settings to no avail.

Any ideas would be appreciated, Thanks!

• Tim Miller 32 posts 252 karma points
    Sep 11, 2019 @ 22:04
    Tim Miller

Did you happen to also rebuild the Examine indexes?

• Gopakumar R 3 posts 94 karma points c-trib
    Sep 12, 2019 @ 03:37
    Gopakumar R

There was an issue raised last year for a similar error message. The cause of it was the upgraded MVC 5 and WebApi nuget package to 5.2.7. But the fix was merged to Umbraco 7.14.

May this can help you: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/3796

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Sep 12, 2019 @ 05:05
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi Erik,

Do you have quite a lot of nodes on the Umbraco installation? As we have seen this happen due to SQL timeout otherwise it works fine.

Are you facing this issue both locally and on the server?

Try restarting database server and Web server and then give it a go?

Cheers, Shaishav

• Erik Rogers 6 posts 107 karma points
    Sep 13, 2019 @ 17:47
    Erik Rogers

Hello everyone!

Rebuilding examine indexes didn't help. I did have a look at that issue on Github, that's where I was hoping the upgrade to 7.15.3 might have helped, but no luck. I also tried dropping down to an older version of WebAPI, no improvement.

I am facing the problem both locally and on the server. The servers have been rebooted since the problem began.

The number of nodes is quite low compared to some of our other sites.

I decided to try and reset to a previous commit in our project and that fixed the problem. I can't say for sure what caused it in the first place (which I don't particularly enjoy...), but at the very least we will be able to edit content once more.

Thanks everyone!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft