Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Justin Neville 22 posts 196 karma points c-trib
    Sep 24, 2019 @ 07:45
    Justin Neville

Umbraco 8 Error on Azure - System.IO.IOException: The network name cannot be found.

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone can help. We have an Umbraco 8.0.2 website running on Azure which has been stable since June. Over the weekend it started throwing odd errors with the exception:

System.IO.IOException: The network name cannot be found.

The site was down and only a restart by touching the web.config got it back up and running again.

The error seems to be caused by Umbraco not being able to load files when services are being injected and created (see stack trace below). The website has not changed recently and was running fine beforehand and I've no idea whether this is an Azure or Umbraco issue?

Has anyone come across this before?

Have had a search on Google and the forum but I can't see anything similar...

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Justin

AutoMapper.AutoMapperMappingException: Error mapping types.

Mapping types:
    ISection -> Section
    Umbraco.Core.Models.Sections.ISection -> Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.Section

Type Map configuration:
    ISection -> Section
    Umbraco.Core.Models.Sections.ISection -> Umbraco.Web.Models.ContentEditing.Section

Destination Member:
    Name
     ---> System.IO.IOException: The network name cannot be found.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
       at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
       at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
       at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalGetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
       at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
       at Umbraco.Core.Composing.CompositionExtensions.Services.SourcesFactory(IFactory container)
       at Umbraco.Core.Composing.LightInject.LightInjectContainer.<>c__DisplayClass20_0`1.<Register>b__0(IServiceFactory f)
       at DynamicMethod(Object[] )
       at LightInject.ServiceContainer.GetInstance(Type serviceType) in C:\projects\lightinject\src\LightInject\LightInject.cs:line 3442
       at LightInject.ServiceFactoryExtensions.GetInstance[TService](IServiceFactory factory) in C:\projects\lightinject\src\LightInject\LightInject.cs:line 1553
       at System.Lazy`1.CreateValue()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
       at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
       at System.Lazy`1.get_Value()
       at Umbraco.Core.Services.Implement.LocalizedTextService.Localize(String key, CultureInfo culture, IDictionary`2 tokens)
       at lambda_method(Closure , ContentSection , Section , ResolutionContext )
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at lambda_method(Closure , ContentSection , Section , ResolutionContext )
       at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object , ResolutionContext )
       at AutoMapper.Mapper.AutoMapper.IMapper.Map[TDestination](Object source) in C:\projects\automapper\src\AutoMapper\Mapper.cs:line 211
       at AutoMapper.Mapper.Map[TDestination](Object source) in C:\projects\automapper\src\AutoMapper\Mapper.cs:line 76
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator`2.MoveNext()
       at System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
       at Umbraco.Web.Editors.SectionController.GetSections()

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Sep 24, 2019 @ 08:12
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi Justin,

Please can you check if all azure services are subscribed and not out of subscription. As we had similar issue and noticed it was subscription related.

Please check and let me know how it goes?

Cheers,

Shaishav

Sep 24, 2019 @ 08:25
    Justin Neville

Hi Shaishav,

The subscription is active and half way through a billing period so I don't think it is subscription related. I can also see a lot of warnings in the Umbraco logs (which I missed as they have not been captured as errors).

Umbraco has no content

There is no stack trace as they are warnings but there are lots of these at the same time as the above exception (which is perhaps back office related).

Any ideas?

Regards,

Justin

Sep 25, 2019 @ 15:13
    Justin Neville

Any help or guidance on this would be appreciated if anyone has come across this on Azure before...

Thanks, Justin

• Damien Holley 179 posts 540 karma points
    Sep 08, 2022 @ 10:57
    Damien Holley

+1 to this, we just got this on one of our larger websites, seems to occur for no reason, first error occurs while reading the manifest for us, then keeps going until reboot.

Sep 21, 2022 @ 07:17
    Justin Neville

I don't think we ever had this problem again that I am aware of so I've no idea if it was a one-off Azure issue...

Is your setup following all of the guidelines for running Umbraco on Azure?

https://our.umbraco.com/Documentation/Fundamentals/Setup/server-setup/azure-web-apps

• Christoffer Frede 30 posts 140 karma points
    Sep 21, 2022 @ 07:55
    Christoffer Frede

Hi Justin enter image description here i have had similar issues with umbraco 8 websites running on Azure. upgrading these websites to version 8.6 + seems to make a difference. see documentation:

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft