Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sandra26 15 posts 115 karma points
    Sep 24, 2019 @ 15:08
    Sandra26

uSync doesn't synchronize published content

I have two Umbraco8 sites. One for development and second for testing. I have installed uSync, uSync.Core, uSync.ContentEdition and uSync.Backoffice.Core to the both of them. I set the settings Export on startup, import on startup, export on save on both of them. I have published content on the first one with text and images. First I started the first one and I went to usync and exported everything. Then I copied the View, Media and the Usync folder, the only ones I have to copy, and I copied them to the test site's folder. Then I imported them in the Testing site. The problem is next. In the Content Tab in the BackOffice, published Content Pages' names are faded out and they are proper document types but they are empty without text and images.

What can be the problem?

Have a great day, Sandra

• Kevin Jump 2309 posts 14673 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Sep 24, 2019 @ 15:56
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

just to confirm, you should turn export on startup OFF to achive what you want. or as the site starts up it will export over the usync folder you have copied and corrupt your import.

I would suggest you turn import at startup off too while you debug. try the following:

• Do a full export on the first site.
    • Copy the uSync folder to the second site.
    • Run a report on the second site, to see that it is picking up the items you have copied
    • Run an import on the second site
    • check to see what you now have.
  • Sandra26 15 posts 115 karma points
    Sep 25, 2019 @ 14:17
    Sandra26

Hi Kevin,

First I want to thank you for your fast and kind reply.

I did everything the way you told me in your reply. But next I had problem with the import. During the reporting usync froze while importing the datatypes.

I stopped the application, and I turned off the datatype handler and then I start import again. Then the import finished successfully. I reloaded the page and the published contend was partly imported, more than half of the text was missing and the images wasn't imported at all, again.

The first time I used usync version 8.2.1 but I read that version wasn't tested , so now I did the same with usync version 8.1.0 and I had the same result.

What else I can do ?

Have I great day :)

Sandra

• Kevin Jump 2309 posts 14673 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Sep 25, 2019 @ 14:22
    Kevin Jump

Hi Sandra,

it looks like you have encountered the issue with Models Builder, causing a site restart when uSync makes to many changes too quickly.

We have an open issue for this : https://github.com/KevinJump/uSync8/issues/18

and a note we link to in the readme for uSync: https://jumoo.co.uk/usync/modelsbuilder/

At the moment I would say the best thing to do is run Models Builder in another mode if you can.

there should be no reason not to use 8.2.1 release of uSync, if anything it should be more stable, and have a few fixes applied that uSync 8.1 doesn't

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft