Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick Ryan 9 posts 79 karma points
    Sep 26, 2019 @ 15:17
    Nick Ryan

Administrator user silently logged out when accessing the "Public Access" properties of a content item

Currently Umbraco 7.14.0...

This has just been reported, and affects administrators as well as myself, but whenever we select the "Public Access" menu item for a content item the interface is not shown (just the JS spinner) and we are silently logged out of Umbraco back office.

There are no trace log entries that show anything is wrong, just that we have to log back in again. This affects multiple users and browsers.

Any idea of the cause of this or how to diagnose it further given the absolute shortage of trace log entries?

• Jonathan Distenfeld 105 posts 618 karma points
    Sep 27, 2019 @ 10:20
    Jonathan Distenfeld

Hi Nick,

could you check if there are any errors (JavaScript) in the debug console of the browser when this happens and provide them here if so?

~ Jonathan

Sep 30, 2019 @ 10:36
    Nick Ryan

Hi Jonathan,

I've looked, a few times, and nothing relevant comes up: After the user is silently logged out of Umbraco (checked in another tab) there are the inevitable security warnings in the JavaScript log, but these only occurs after the user has been logged out.

Annoyingly our test site works fine, just the live site... I will do a file compare between them both to see if anything obscure is different.

Nick

Oct 07, 2019 @ 14:20
    Nick Ryan

A few more developments:

• There is no difference between the binary files of the two Umbraco instances.
    • The silent logout also occurs when a user selects the "Reorder" function for content nodes, not just the "Public access" function (aside: why is this function named this? it makes little sense)
    • Setting log4net on the site to debug shows nothing obvious
    • Examining the Javascript console log also shows nothing obvious
    • This issue occurs regardless of the browser in use (Firefox, Chrome and Internet Explorer all exhibit the same issue)

Any more things that I could check for?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft