Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sandra26 15 posts 115 karma points
    Sep 27, 2019 @ 12:19
    Sandra26

Differences between Import at startup and full import in usync 8

Hi,

Why Import at start up with usync imports and shows only the document type of the published content? Why full Import imports the document type and the content in the published content?

Have a great day, Sandra

• Kevin Jump 2311 posts 14697 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Sep 27, 2019 @ 13:59
    Kevin Jump

Hi Sandra,

there appears to be an issue setting the content at startup,

looking at the logs, the Umbraco notification service errors because it does not have a site URL, because the startup import is not running from a request.

As such the import is working but returning an error, so uSync doesn't think it has worked, and then doesn't do the properties :(

I am looking at this, seeing if its a Umbraco issue, or something we have to work around.

Sep 27, 2019 @ 14:07
    Kevin Jump

We have raised an issue - to see what the options are: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues/6464

but also we are going to see if we can do anything in uSync to avoid triggering the notifications at startup.

Sep 30, 2019 @ 09:55
    Kevin Jump

Hi Sandra,

we've released an update for uSync (v8.2.3) which addresses these issues from within uSync. we are still tracking the Umbraco issue, as we have a bit of a hacky workaround for that. but this version does import content correctly at startup now. So should resolve the issues you've seen.

Kevin

• Sandra26 15 posts 115 karma points
    Oct 03, 2019 @ 13:38
    Sandra26

HI Kevin,

This new release of usync helped me so much. I'm very grateful.

Have a great day, Sandra

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft