Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rizwan 28 posts 138 karma points
    Sep 29, 2019 @ 18:19
    Rizwan

2 step verification for member login

Dear experts,

I have simple login page with umbraco membership, i want to use sms verification when login to website as a member. i have api for sending sms, please guide me or any sample code.

Thanks

• Alan Mitchell 57 posts 279 karma points c-trib
    Sep 30, 2019 @ 07:22
    Alan Mitchell

There are a couple of blog posts - start here - https://this.isfluent.com/blog/2019/two-factor-authentication-for-umbraco-part-1 on how we implemented 2FA for both members and administrators.

• Rizwan 28 posts 138 karma points
    Oct 09, 2019 @ 10:43
    Rizwan

Dear Alan, Thanks for link. actually i am able to achieve my requirements with custommembership provider as described in this link https://24days.in/umbraco-cms/2015/extending-membership/

now i came into an issue with sessions, my front end servers are loadbalanced and when user try to login it gives session error. please advice how to solve this issue. thanks

• Gordon Saxby 1444 posts 1855 karma points
    Apr 30, 2020 @ 08:44
    Gordon Saxby

I've read the blog posts and they don't really explain how you implemented the 2FA for the front-end.

The first blog seemed to say the UmbracoIdentity package wasn't useful because it didn't support 2FA, or Authy.

The second post only seems to deal with the User / backend login.

Do you have any info you could share on how you implemented 2FA for the front-end?

• Alexandre Locas 52 posts 219 karma points
    Sep 03, 2021 @ 12:12
    Alexandre Locas

Hi Rizwan, where you able to achieve two step authentication without the use of sessions ? We are exactly in the same situation an would like some advices.

Thanx

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft