Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jay Mehar 9 posts 79 karma points
    Sep 30, 2019 @ 14:02
    Jay Mehar

Umbraco website fails to send SMS via Twilio

Hi Umbraco Devs

Wondering if anyone could help debug my issue.

I'm new to Umbraco, though last year I inherited a clients Umbraco website (recruitment site aimed at schools/teachers) from a UK web agency, so the design and dev was not myself.

I successfully managed to migrate the whole site to new hosting and got the connection strings working in web.config etc.

The site allows schools to create a job, set job requirements and query the database of registered users, before posting an email and SMS notification to the suitable matches found.

This was all working fine early last year March 2018 when I tested with dummy vacancies and dummy registered users. Fast forward to Aug/Sep 2019 and it seems the SMS notifications are not being sent at all whilst the emails are. Our hosting company confirm all ISS server settings are up to date and no errors are found.

The sms service we use is Twilio, again I didn't build the site so don't know where or how it connects to the Twilio REST API. Even more frustrating is there are no error logs on the hosting server or in the Twilio account logs to suggest Twilio is not connecting.

Anyone with any idea how to investigate would be much appreciated.

regards

Jay

• Jay Mehar 9 posts 79 karma points
    Oct 10, 2019 @ 11:23
    Jay Mehar

Hi Devs

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

regards

Jay

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Oct 10, 2019 @ 14:48
    Nik

Hi Jay,

Erm, it's actually really hard to help with this without seeing the code of the site. You'd need to identify what code in your site is integrated with the Twillio API, then debug that behaviour.

Things to check would be, API keys etc. To start with. Secondly check the Twillio account has sufficient funds on it as well.

Nik

• AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd 109 posts 360 karma points
    Oct 14, 2019 @ 05:55
    AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd

Hi Jay,

The first thing to check definitely is that your twillo account is working. Check the configuration keys for the same.

Have you changed any hosting or configuration details?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft