Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• stephanie 52 posts 133 karma points
    Sep 30, 2019 @ 15:08
    stephanie

Tips/Suggestions for Migrating Site using Ublogsy to Latest Umbraco

I created a site years ago using Ublogsy and Umbraco version 7.1.8. At this point we need to upgrade - there are uncorrected bugs/resource issues that is making the site feel very unsteady. I have no idea where to begin.

I should think I would set up a clean install, hopefully on Azure. But I have NO idea how to migrate the blog content. Ublogsy has died (with a few fatal flaws I might add), and am happy to transition the content to straight up Umbraco with no (or few) packages. If anyone can point the way I'd be very appreciative. It's my hope I can migrate the data within Sql Server scripting alone.

Also, the last time I developed using Umbraco it was not reliable on the cloud. Do you feel that the bugs have been worked out and this is no longer the case?

Finally, if I wanted to get the source and build in Visual Studio, is there a step-by-step anywhere? That was my downfall before - there were bugs in Ublogsy and I never bothered to get the source and debug. I don't want to make that mistake again.

Thanks! Stephanie

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft