Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Kromer 11 posts 121 karma points
    Oct 01, 2019 @ 15:57
    Steve Kromer

Umbraco Version Conflict

I recently updated an Umbraco site from version 7.7.7 to 7.15.1 and ran into an issue causing me to revert back to 7.7.7. I thought that I had reverted both the code and database back to this same version, but have found that I'm now running 7.7.7 code with a 7.15.1 database... Many changes have been made on the site since that time, but no apparent issues are occurring in this state.

Is anyone aware of any issues (data related or otherwise) that I could potentially encounter by updating the website code to 7.15.1 and leaving the database as-is? The alternative would be to revert back to the 7.7.7 database backup and re-applying the update from that point, but losing many changes.

Thanks!

• Steve Megson 151 posts 1022 karma points MVP c-trib
    Oct 02, 2019 @ 10:37
    Steve Megson

I think you'd want to let the upgrade from 7.7.7 run again when you update the code. The only real problem I can see is that the cmsMedia table won't have been updated while running 7.7.7 code. The upgrade expects to create that table, so it should be fine to just delete the table before the upgrade.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft