Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mike Chadwick 41 posts 182 karma points
    Oct 02, 2019 @ 10:32
    Mike Chadwick

Multi Lingual Configuration

Hi All,

I'm setting up a new project in Umbraco v8.1.5 for a client and it needs to be multi-lingual. I'd like to use the latest and greatest multi lingual features of Umbraco v8 but need a little guidance and I need some advice on how best to architect it and structure the content nodes and assign the languages. Here are the client requirements and assumptions:

1. Current site has /en and /es sites.
    2. The structure of the sites are not identical and products per country can be different also so its not 1:1 throughout but is 1:1 per country.
    3. Products would therefore be offered per country but could also be in different languages (for that country eg en-US, es-US)
    4. Client will expand into more countries with multiple language requirements further down the line.

Questions:
    1) What is the best way to structure the content nodes? (eg by country, then language? or just each lang-country content structure home page as a root node?
    2) What is the best way to utilise default / mandatory / fallback language settings in this case?
    3) What is the best way to manage country / language selection (as I'm not sure I'd want to have both a country and language picker.

All advice is very appreciated! Thanks in Advance.

Mike

• Giorgio Bozio 1 post 71 karma points
    Nov 07, 2019 @ 08:58
    Giorgio Bozio

I would be interested too. How does Umbraco manage a multi-country multi-language installation? Thanks, Giorgio

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft