Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• bronzewind 42 posts 125 karma points
    Oct 02, 2019 @ 19:32
    bronzewind

I would like to use LeBlender in my Umbraco 8 project (Looks like this would save me a lot of programming time) However, I can't make it work:

Server Error in '/' Application. Boot failed: Umbraco cannot run. See Umbraco's log file for more details.

-> Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Boot failed.

-> System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Could not load all types from "Lecoati.LeBlender.Extension, Version=1.0.9.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" due to LoaderExceptions, skipping: . System.TypeLoadException on Umbraco.Core.ApplicationEventHandler: Could not load type 'Umbraco.Core.ApplicationEventHandler' from assembly 'Umbraco.Core, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. . System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.5820.25379, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. . System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.5820.25379, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. . System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.5820.25379, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. . System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.5820.25379, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. . System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'umbraco, Version=1.0.5820.25379, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

at Umbraco.Core.Composing.TypeFinder.GetTypesWithFormattedException(Assembly a) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Composing\TypeFinder.cs:line 569 at Umbraco.Core.Composing.TypeFinder.GetClassesWithBaseType(Type baseType, IEnumerable1 assemblies, Boolean onlyConcreteClasses, Func2 additionalFilter) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Composing\TypeFinder.cs:line 504 at Umbraco.Core.Composing.TypeFinder.FindClassesOfType[T](IEnumerable1 assemblies, Boolean onlyConcreteClasses) in d:\a\1\s\src\Umbraco.Core\Composing\TypeFinder.cs:line 346 at Umbraco.Core.Composing.TypeLoader.<>c__DisplayClass50_01.

Does anyone knows if maybe there is a better idea for v8 than using LeBlender (and provide examples) and/or if I could download the code and maybe try to migrate it from v7 to v8?

I also read this https://github.com/Lecoati/LeBlender/issues/105

Please give me your thoughts? Thanks!

• Chris Evans 137 posts 353 karma points c-trib
    Oct 03, 2019 @ 03:20
    Chris Evans

From my understanding, LeBlender isn't compatible with V8.

One package that does work for V8 is this one:

https://www.nuget.org/packages/Our.Umbraco.DocTypeGridEditor/

Make sure you use version 1.0.0 or higher.

It's a little different from LeBlender but does provide a similar outcome, i.e. being able to configure more complex blocks to be dropped into a Grid layout. It uses document types to achieve this, similar to Nested Content.

You can find some useful info for how to install and configure it here:

https://github.com/skttl/umbraco-doc-type-grid-editor

In particular, the developer's guide is handy:

https://github.com/skttl/umbraco-doc-type-grid-editor/blob/develop/docs/developers-guide.md

The umbraco package page is here:

https://our.umbraco.com/packages/backoffice-extensions/doc-type-grid-editor

Hope this helps!

Oct 03, 2019 @ 16:32
    bronzewind

Thanks Chris! So far I was able to make LeBlender for V8, but not as perfect as it works in 7 (I still need to work in order to Render it in the content section as I don't see it yet).

Let me take a look into your links, maybe I don't have to put that much effort and I can just use the one you suggest, thanks so much!

Oct 03, 2019 @ 17:10
    bronzewind

I don't know what could I be doing wrong, I installed the Nuget package, added the confguration in the JS file, but I cannot see any options for a grid row or anything different in the backoffice. What could I be missing?

• Chris Evans 137 posts 353 karma points c-trib
    Oct 04, 2019 @ 03:50
    Chris Evans

You may need to restart the application (e.g. edit the web.config to force a restart) and clear your browser cache for the changes to show up, after you've changed the configuration.

Also, for a doctype to be allowed as a content block in the grid, it needs to be an Element type - you can set this on the Permissions tab of the doctype.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft