Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• K.Garrein 164 posts 629 karma points
    Oct 04, 2019 @ 05:47
    K.Garrein

Umbraco v8.x keeps automaticly removing (or disabling?) user accounts

Dear all,

I had this issue with 2 unrelated Umbraco v8.x websites now. Umbraco just removes (or disables?) admin user accounts by itself, with no apparent reason...

I always create 2 admin accounts, one from the installation procedure and an extra as a backup. But Umbraco just removes (or disables?) them both in v8.x.

Also strange is, this doesn't happen soon, the Umbraco website can be active for a couple of days or weeks and then suddenly the accounts are gone...

Is anyone aware of this issue? Is there a fix?

Thanks!

• Mila Pandurska 75 posts 353 karma points
    Oct 04, 2019 @ 07:38
    Mila Pandurska

Hi K.Garrein, What are the accounts statuses in the database? Where is the application hosted? Is there some logs?

Regards Mila

Oct 04, 2019 @ 08:01
    K.Garrein

Don't remember what the statusses were.

Database = MS SQL Server 2016 Hosting = dedicated Windows Server 2016 with IIS, I have full control

The installation admin account now works again after resetting the password. But why did the original password stop working? Only me uses that account...

The backup account was locked. When I try to unlock it in the backend then it goes back to locked???

Oct 07, 2019 @ 10:30
    K.Garrein

Today I start my working day, I need to login into the backend, and... the admin accounts are not working anymore... AGAIN...!?

Oct 25, 2019 @ 13:33
    K.Garrein

AGAIN!!! WTF man, this kinda sucks!

We need to do some work on the website and all user accounts are dead again :'(

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft