Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• bh 408 posts 1395 karma points
    Oct 07, 2019 @ 16:08
    bh

ModelsBuilder.Api "Failed to Build Models"

Running Umbraco 7.15.3

I'm getting this error when I try to build models using the VS 2019 Umbraco Models Builder Extension:

UmbracoModelsBuilder: Starting v8.1.5 10/7/2019 12:05:15 PM.
    UmbracoModelsBuilder: UmbracoModelsBuilder failed to generate code: Exception: Response status code does not indicate success (NotFound)

UmbracoModelsBuilder:    at Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Api.ApiClient.EnsureSuccess(HttpResponseMessage result)
       at Umbraco.ModelsBuilder.Api.ApiClient.ValidateClientVersion()
       at ZpqrtBnk.ModelsBuilder.Extension.Generator.TryGenerate(ProjectItem sourceItem)
       at ZpqrtBnk.ModelsBuilder.Extension.Generator.Generate(AsyncPackage package, ProjectItem sourceItem)

Anyone know how to resolve this issue? I see it's "Starting v8.1.5", but I'm running ModelsBuilder.Api 8.0.1

• Nik 1593 posts 7151 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Oct 07, 2019 @ 16:15
    Nik

Hey BH,

Erm, I think version 8+ of Models Builder, and the API, is only compatible with Umbraco v8 and not Umbraco v7. That's probably going to be causing you issues to start with :-)

Try uninstalling that and installing the latest version 3.x version which is designed for Umbraco v7

Nik

• bh 408 posts 1395 karma points
    Oct 07, 2019 @ 17:05
    bh

Thanks @Nik. Last week I accidentally ran NuGet update on all of my Umbraco packages and I've been fighting to get my project back to good ever since. Rolling back to ModelsBuilder.Api 3.0.1 resolved my issue reported here. Thank you!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft