Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• ks 20 posts 138 karma points
    Oct 08, 2019 @ 08:08
    ks

Umbraco 7 Editing member issues

Hi all, We found the issue of using Umbraco 7 members, when we've tried to edit members It was saved for the first time but when we tried to save it one more time; the password reset and the popup validate message 'Cannot set an empty password' show-up.

Here are the steps. 1. Member at Member Section, open a member then try to save the member. 2. Don't refresh the page and try to save members again; the member's password reset and password field asking for fill the new password with the validate message 'Cannot set an empty password'

We've tested on Umbraco 7.15.1 and Umbraco 7.15.3 both they get the same results.

Here is set for Membership Provider in web.config

<!-- Membership Provider -->
    <membership defaultProvider="UmbracoMembershipProvider" userIsOnlineTimeWindow="15">
      <providers>
        <clear />
        <add name="UmbracoMembershipProvider" type="Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.MembersMembershipProvider, Umbraco" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="10" useLegacyEncoding="false" enablePasswordRetrieval="false" enablePasswordReset="false" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" defaultMemberTypeAlias="Member" passwordFormat="Hashed" allowManuallyChangingPassword="false" />
        <add name="UsersMembershipProvider" type="Umbraco.Web.Security.Providers.UsersMembershipProvider, Umbraco" />
      </providers>
    </membership>

Member was saved for the first time

Password has been reset for the second time

Anyone has the idea how to solve this would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help.

• Steve Megson 151 posts 1022 karma points MVP c-trib
    Oct 08, 2019 @ 08:59
    Steve Megson

This is a known bug which I expect will be fixed in 7.15.4. Until then, it's a simple javascript change that you could manually apply to 7.15.3.

In umbraco/js/umbraco.controllers.js, change line 9359 from

if (passwordProp && passwordProp.value && !passwordProp.value.reset) {

to

if (passwordProp && passwordProp.value && (typeof passwordProp.value.reset !== 'undefined') && !passwordProp.value.reset) {

The same would apply to other versions, but the line number will probably be slightly different.

• ks 20 posts 138 karma points
    Oct 08, 2019 @ 09:10
    ks

I've updated the code and it just works!

Thanks for your help.

• Damian 1 post 71 karma points
    Mar 18, 2020 @ 08:39
    Damian

I had error. Double click on save button additionally reset member password. Changing this line solved the issue.

I just registered my account to say: Thank You Steve Megson.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft