Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sonny Alexander Dyreby 4 posts 74 karma points
    Oct 09, 2019 @ 11:33
    Sonny Alexander Dyreby

i open umbraco in vs code and it worked fine then i tried to share it across the network to another pc but it dident workenter image description here

it showed this error message and i have no idea how to fix it

if you could help thanks and if not thanks for trying

• Steve Megson 151 posts 1022 karma points MVP c-trib
    Oct 09, 2019 @ 11:56
    Steve Megson

It's probably an issue with bindings in IIS Express (or IIS if you're using it). Have a look at Step 2 here.

It looks like the connection is getting to IIS (no firewall issues or similar), but your site is only configured to serve to localhost:14799. IIS won't assume that it should serve the same site to 192.168.1.254:14799 unless explicitly told to, so it gives up with an error message.

Oct 10, 2019 @ 06:44
    Sonny Alexander Dyreby

i can't seem to find the manager but i found the config where it saids its localhost but it seems that it writes it like ":8080:localhost" do i just set it correctly or do i just edit the localhost part

ok i did a thing but it did not change anythingenter image description here

enter image description here

both in the same location changed but it did not change?? but when i looked at it again it created a new one

also found an install for the iis manager so have that also tried to use it but it still dident work

Oct 10, 2019 @ 07:49
    Sonny Alexander Dyreby

i found out that with iis manager i could go on my pc then sites and add a new "website" and then mark the website with a name and with or without ip and then a port and a direction to the path that the server is so i did now it works no problems !!!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft