Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Oct 10, 2019 @ 07:54
    Tim

I'm looking into upgrading a fairly complex site from 7.5.14 to 7.15.3. The site makes heavy use of Vorto as well.

Usually this wouldn't be that daunting, but obviously in V7.6, we start to have UDIs for the pickers. This particular site makes pretty heavy use of pickers all over the place. So, I have a question!

If I upgrade past 7.6, how does the UDI change affect EXISTING pickers? Will the existing pickers carry on working as they used to (i.e. use integer IDs), or will they now all store UDIs instead? If they do store UDIs, do I need to go through and update all of the existing data to use the new UDIs instead of integers?

Any advice from others that have done the same would be greatly appreciated, as I'm trying to scope out how much work will be involved in upgrading. Also, if there are any other gotchas that people know about, please let me know!

• Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com 354 posts 1638 karma points
    Oct 10, 2019 @ 08:46
    Shaishav Karnani from digitallymedia.com

Hi Tim,

New version have support for legacy MNTP data type. So, you can use it and therefore no need to upgrade to UDI for existing items.

Cheers,

Shaishav

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft