Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jason Hinsley 1 post 71 karma points
    1 week ago
    Jason Hinsley

Setup Visual Studio for Existing Umbraco Site from repo on new development machine

I have an umbraco site (v8) developed on another machine, in Visual Studio 2017. On the old machine I have usync & usync content installed.

The site was running fine.

Usync has been used to export the site and everything has been committed to a git repo.

On my new laptop I have cloned the repo so have the code, including usync folder.

I have created a new SQL server database named the same and created a user on that database with the same user.

Web.config connection string is set (local host).

When I CTRL+F5 to run the site from visual studio I get:

Umbraco.Core.Exceptions.BootFailedException: Could not check the upgrade state.

How do I get the site running locally on the new laptop? Do I need to backup / restore the database from my old machine?

I was hoping I could get umbraco running and use usync to get everything back inline?

• SteveV 40 posts 199 karma points
    6 days ago
    SteveV

If Umbraco finds a connectionstring in the web.config it will assume a database and schema are setup. So remove the connectionstring, run the site and the install page should show up.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft