Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• asad 39 posts 113 karma points
    Oct 11, 2019 @ 04:09
    asad

Umbraco 8 back end load slowly

Umbraco 8 backend is loading very slow. Its taking too much time to load page or save and publich content page.

• pbl_dk 149 posts 550 karma points
    Dec 31, 2019 @ 15:01
    pbl_dk

True. Umbraco 8 backend becomes very very slow sometimes. Running 8.3.0.

It's the call ie. /umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoTrees/ContentTree/GetMenu?id=1111

Takes up to 14 seconds to load. Frontend is fast though.

Happens when the admin is untouched for some days.

After an IIS Recycle the call loads at 600ms

/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoTrees/ContentTree/GetMenu?id=1111&application=content&tree=&use=main&culture=

Jan 03, 2020 @ 15:11
    pbl_dk

Something is hammering the CPU on the solution. I have used all my Azure resources in one hour, with a site with only 2 visitors a day.

Some error, don't know if its related: enter image description here

enter image description here

• Rob Shaw 37 posts 170 karma points c-trib
    Feb 07, 2020 @ 14:57
    Rob Shaw

I'm experiencing this on a powerful Azure App Plan... I don't suppose you guys found any reasoning for this issue?

Feb 07, 2020 @ 17:39
    pbl_dk

In "config/serilog.config" and "config/serilog.user.config", I have set the level to "Fatal" instead of "Information" and restarted IIS. I have deleted everything in the /Log folder in AppData so its empty.

Seems to take some of it, but I am not sure.. I have moved the project out of Azure and over to a dedicated server, since it constantly ran out of resources. I have also upgraded to 8.5.3.

<!-- Used to toggle the log levels for the main Umbraco log files -->
        <!-- Found at /app_data/logs/ -->
        <!-- NOTE: Changing this will also flow down into serilog.user.config -->
        <!-- VALID Values: Verbose, Debug, Information, Warning, Error, Fatal -->
        <add key="serilog:minimum-level" value="Fatal" />

• Johan Reitsma 67 posts 233 karma points
    Feb 11, 2020 @ 07:55
    Johan Reitsma

We also found this out with the latest edition of Umbraco in azure. It really sucks.

Azure Insights gave a tip on adding an index but this wasn't the fix after all. The fix by azure will also be available in the new update of Umbraco, but this isn't the solution we think.

Feb 11, 2020 @ 16:21
    pbl_dk

I have talked to Umbraco, they say it has to be filed as an issue at: https://github.com/umbraco/Umbraco-CMS/issues

I don't have enough information about how to reproduce it, to file it myself.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft