Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gary 80 posts 377 karma points
    Oct 12, 2019 @ 19:28
    Gary

Office365 SMTP In Web.config failing

Hi,

I am using a Umbraco v7.15.2 with a uskinned template but the smtp settings seem to fail. I know the authentication details are correct as i can login correctly with the details but yet they still seem to fail to connect.

I am using a 1and1 shared hosting and the Office365 is provided by Go Daddy.

I have contacted both 1and1 and Go Daddy who have both checked the configurations and admit that it all looks fine.

Can anyone shed any light on this and if anyone has had the same issue before?

The settings:

<smtp from="ACCOUNTEMAIL">
            <network host="smtp.office365.com" port="587" enableSsl="true" userName="ACCOUNTEMAIL" password="pswrd" />
          </smtp>

I have seen posts indicating to make sure the from address is the same as the one highlighted in the Umbracosettings.config file and i have done that but yet it still fails. I have also tried using SendGrid but this still fails.

Please help :)

Thanks in advance!

GH

• AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd 109 posts 360 karma points
    Oct 14, 2019 @ 05:46
    AddWeb Solution Pvt. Ltd

What is the error that your are getting? it fails with what exception?

Oct 14, 2019 @ 10:02
    Gary

Hi,

I have recently created a new form that uses SMTP settings within the form submission rather than relying on the web.config file.

The error i am getting is:

> System.Net.Mail.SmtpException: Failure sending mail. --->
    > System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server

Kind Regards,

GH

Oct 28, 2019 @ 14:25
    Gary

Solution seems to be a problem with 1and1, the hosting i have with them only allows emails that are being sent via their mail servers (confirmed via their service desk). As i was trying to SMTP to Office 365, it must of been blocking the attempted connection.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft