Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jesse Andrews 191 posts 716 karma points c-trib
    Oct 15, 2019 @ 01:06
    Jesse Andrews

How do I filter by multiple parent ids and selected nodes with examine.

I have a query I'm trying to build where I want to get all children of a set of nodes and also filter them based on nodes they have selected in a multi node tree picker.

The raw query I'm trying to build would be something like

+(parentID:1234 parentID:1235) +(categories:"umb://document/80e9e537776d45a2ada77fecf86e7142")

Unfortunately, I have been having trouble getting the queries to filter properly. I've tried generating this with the examine api using a combination of Field and Group, as well as native queries that match this structure, but neither returns the expected data. Part of my problem I suspect is the configuration of the built in ExternalIndex, as I'm not able to get results parentID in Luke, even though the same query with id. It's flags are configured differently.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Oct 16, 2019 @ 10:30
    Ismail Mayat

does the first part of query work so if u get rid of categories part? If it does then i would inject into index field for the categories and translate that udi to node name for example and then filter on that.

I suspect that udi once it goes through standard analyser will give u tokens like:

enter image description here

Querying on parentID does work as I just did it this morning

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft