Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Oct 15, 2019 @ 10:52
    Steve Morgan

Courier - Dates in Nested Content are NULL until content is republished

Hi,

Have a website on Umbraco v7.13.2, Courier 3.1.6.0.

They have a staging -> live setup where the editors create content in staging and push to live. No-one is allowed access to live.

The issue is on a Nested Content control (which shows blog posts). It's a simple NC doctype with title, image and a date picker.

We're in the UK but it seems the date picker stores YYYY MM DD so this shouldn't be an issue but when the content is couriered the cache value of the dates is NULL where the DD > 12 (e.g. it looks like it's couriering and overflowing / failing to convert UK dates in a US style).

The database value must be correct as if you load the page in the backoffice in live the date picker is happy and renders the correct date and a save and publish and fixes the cache but the cache following an initial courier push is NULL.

Anyone seen this before and know of a fix (short of removing the date picker and manually entering dd, mm and yyyy in a separate numerics!!?

I've not used Courier in about 8 years so I'm in the dark here! Steve

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Oct 15, 2019 @ 12:23
    Steve Morgan

OK - just seen the note "Even though Nested Content is part of Umbraco (since version 7.7), you need the Courier.Contrib package installed, for Courier to be able to handle Nested Content data."

I will need to check we've got this package as this is nested content but it seemed to work find without it (except for these dates).

Source: https://our.umbraco.com/documentation/Add-ons/UmbracoCourier/CommonIssues

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft