Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Peter Laurie 42 posts 116 karma points
    Oct 15, 2019 @ 15:55
    Peter Laurie

Error upgrading Umbraco 8.1.3 to 8.2

HI, Trying to upgrade to Umbraco 8.2 from version 8.13. We are getting the following error:

The requested resource does not support http method 'GET'.

This is from the url: /install/api/PostPerformInstall/ The above is from the browser developer tools.

The Umbraco screen reads:

Error during installation See the log for full details (logs can typically be found in the App_Data\Logs folder).

But the log file does not give any clue as to what is happening.

Has anyone come across this who can shed some light on what to look for please?

Thank you,

Pete

• steinar mar 3 posts 73 karma points
    Oct 16, 2019 @ 13:09
    steinar mar

Hi Peter

I ran into the same problem - but I noticed that I had two calls to the postperforminstall. The first one was a POST to the url /install/api/PostPerformInstall/ That was being redirected to /install/api/postperforminstall/ as a GET.

I have a redirect rule for SEO reasons, forcing all urls to be lowercase. So that was the culprit in my case. Disabling the rule and running the postperforminstall again was successfull.

I would recommend if you have not found a solution for your problem to check weather you have a similar rewrite rule in config or your setup somewhere.

Hope this helps, have a nice day!

• Jonathan Roberts 409 posts 1063 karma points
    Oct 17, 2019 @ 11:25
    Jonathan Roberts

We commented out the rewrite rules in the config file and it upgraded successfully.

• Peter Laurie 42 posts 116 karma points
    Nov 01, 2019 @ 16:44
    Peter Laurie

Hi, Yes that worked, thank you. We also had permissions missing in the media and umbraco folders for users

• Decneo 8 posts 78 karma points
    Nov 02, 2019 @ 02:20
    Decneo

Excuse me, I got the same problem, could you please guide me how to solve this problem? Thank you.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft