Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Charlie 2 posts 72 karma points
    Oct 16, 2019 @ 16:50
    Charlie

Set a specific URL for user's/user groups to redirect to after they've logged in?

Hello,

I'm working on a website that is essentially split into multiple websites that serve different regions of the county. Users in the North-west wouldn't be able to access pages for those in the East Midlands and vice versa.

Is it possible to control where each user or user group is re-directed to after they log in?

Thanks,

Charlie

• Dhanesh kumar mj 18 posts 134 karma points
    Oct 17, 2019 @ 07:04
    Dhanesh kumar mj

Hi Charlie,

Do you mean the user login via the Umbraco backend or any other?

• Charlie 2 posts 72 karma points
    Oct 17, 2019 @ 08:05
    Charlie

Hi Dhanesh,

I mean on the front-end - one admin (the client) will login on the back-end and manage the content for all the sites. I need the customers to be able to log in the front and be redirected to site.com/east-midlands-stores, site.com/london-stores etc depending on their permissions (re-direct rules?)

Thanks,

Charlie

• Dhanesh kumar mj 18 posts 134 karma points
    Oct 17, 2019 @ 08:27
    Dhanesh kumar mj

Hi Charlie,

Simply create member groups for different countries, and assign the members based on the country to belong's.

Then you can do the following..

- Right-click on the node that you need to set limited access => public access => roles based protection => choose the group can access the node => choose login page and error page=> Update.

- Another way is => After the successful member login => check the member belonging group and redirect to the respective page programmatically. 

Kind regards Dhanesh

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft