Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben 108 posts 374 karma points
    Oct 18, 2019 @ 20:12
    Ben

Change to Web.config causes error in Umbraco 7.15.3

Hi all, I am testing upgrading from Umbraco 7.6.2 to 7.15.3. The upgrade went well, and all the pages seem to load fine until I make any changes in the web.config file. If I do that any Umbraco page (excluding the back office) throws the error:

"The template with Id [id number here] does not exist, the page cannot render"

To fix it I have to go into the back office and republish the entire site. After that the pages work fine.

Has anybody else on 7.15.3 experienced this and is there a work around so I don't need to republish the entire site any time a change is made to the web.config file?

I am going to setup a fresh 7.15.3 site and see if it does the same thing.

Oct 18, 2019 @ 20:57
    Ben

After installing a fresh Umbraco 7.15.3 and making a change to the web.config file I didn't get the same error. So maybe this is a problem with going directly to 7.15.3 from 7.6.2.

Oct 22, 2019 @ 14:57
    Ben

I have checked this going from 7.6.2 to 7.7.3, but I am still getting the same error.

I just made a copy of my 7.6.2 site and made a change to the web.config (inserted a blank line) and got the same error: enter image description here

The upgrade is not causing this issue. The id of the template mentioned in the error message doesn't exist at all and I can't figure out what is calling for it. I have looked in the database for this Id but can't find a reference to it anywhere in these tables:

• cmsContentXml
    • cmsDocument
    • cmsTemplate

If anyone has any thoughts on where else I can look for a reference to template id's I would appreciate it.

Oct 22, 2019 @ 17:39
    Ben

I found a solution. I still don't know why it thinks it needs a different template then the one that is attached to the page, but this works:

• Right click "Content" from the Content Section
    • Select "Republish Entire Site"
    • Click the green button for "Republish Entire Site"

The way I was previously doing this was to select the top most document and use the right click menu to publish it and all sub pages. I didn't even realize there was a Republish Entire Site option.

Maybe this will help someone else.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft