Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Josip 195 posts 662 karma points c-trib
    Oct 20, 2019 @ 20:57
    Josip

Deployment, continous integration and Models builder

Hi all,

I really need some help to understund this.

I am using Azure DevOps for deployment and I am not sure if I am doing it on right way. Sometimes when I push new changes, my website is not working so usually I do some steps like deleting cache and TEMP file from App_Data folder, than I reload memory cache etc. and finally my app start working again.

Soon this application will go to procudtion and i want to be sure that I am doing it right.

I have installed uSync so I can synchronize future changes on document types.

I have enabled AppData models builder and I have included generated models to the project for deployment.

I dont know is that good way to deploy models builder changes, should I exclude this generated models and use only uSync, because when i deploy this way and when i check models builder tab on production server i can see message: Models are out-of-date.

Thanks

• Alex Skrypnyk 6132 posts 23951 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    Aug 21, 2020 @ 22:39
    Alex Skrypnyk

Hi Josip

It's been a while since you posted this question, did you find the best way to deploy changes and Models Builder? Can you share with our community?

Thanks, Alex

• Simon Ulmbrant 34 posts 154 karma points
    Aug 22, 2020 @ 08:10
    Simon Ulmbrant

A great solution I've found was to include the usync folder in the publish from VS. The setup in usync is export everything except for content and media refs, I tried to enable export on startup on my dev but it really slowed things down. Before publish to target I manually export in usync. Then on the target machine enable auto import on startup and publish from VS to target. The first time you load the site after publish everything from dev that was exported (doc types, data types, media types, member types etc) will be imported to your target automatically.

And then running models builder LiveAppData to build .cs files to app data to get strongly typed models

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Aug 23, 2020 @ 09:05
    Kevin Jump

Hi,

Just to say, you can run uSync in ExportOnSave mode (its on by default) and then it will save changes to disk when you save items in Umbraco. then you don't need to do a full export before you do a manual export before any deployment.

Also if you install uSync from nuget it should add 'target' properties to the visual studio project that mean when you 'publish' or use WebDeploy the uSync folders are included (Umbraco does the same thing to include the Umbraco & Umbraco_Client folders).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft