Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Miguel Martins 1 post 71 karma points
    Oct 22, 2019 @ 15:25
    Miguel Martins

Problem with "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." -

Hello All,

I'm having a problem with my ecommerce store. The shop online was working fine until suddenly when I click at " Shop Online" it appears the following error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

It shows me source "ftCatalog.cshtml" and also the line that has a problem (it only has a { )

The Stack Trace is the following:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] ASP.<>cDisplayClass6.0(TextWriter _razorhelperwriter) in w:\inetpub\tm-live\Views\ftCatalog.cshtml:209 System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.Write(HelperResult result) +107 ASP.PageViewsftCatalog_cshtml.Execute() in w:\inetpub\tm-live\Views\ftCatalog.cshtml:77 System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +251 System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +147 System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +106 Umbraco.Core.Profiling.ProfilingView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) +193 System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +374 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +87 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +775 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +775 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +775 System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +81 System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass21.<BeginInvokeAction>b__1e(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +188 System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38 System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<BeginExecuteCore>b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) +29 System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +73 System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +52 System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +39 System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38 System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) +43 System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncVoid1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +73 System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +38 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +602 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step) +195 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +128

I tried to remove the line but it didn't work out (it just gave me another problem).

Since our website was mostly develop by someone who isn't working with us I'm a little bit lost (also new to umbraco). Could you please help to understand what might me leading to this problem or/and what generated it?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft