Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• David Zweben 266 posts 750 karma points
    Oct 22, 2019 @ 15:55
    David Zweben

Simultaneous localization and translation in v8?

Hi,

I have a v8.2 site in which I need to set up both translation and localization, so that pages are translated, and also provide a way for region-specific content to be stored for each page. The regions do not correspond directly to the languages.

The tricky part is that I need the region-specific content to be editable and publishable independently from the node's main content (they need to have separate 'published' states). For example, if a page's regular content is in draft, I need to provide a way for the localized content to be updated and published without publishing or removing the draft changes in the main node.

I know this will require custom code, the issue is that I'm not clear on the best way and place to store this localized data (which will likely be Rich Text and Media Picker values), without either creating a ton of extra nodes or running into issues with publish state. Unfortunately creating an separate node for each localization of each page is not viable as it's already a fairly large site. I know custom tables are an option, but I'd like to keep things compatible with existing property editors and with Deploy.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft