Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mov3nforward 117 posts 319 karma points
    Oct 22, 2019 @ 19:02
    Mov3nforward

What is everyone using to create property editors for V8? We have been using Le Blender for a long time and have a lot of property editors we have made over the years which will not upgrade in V8. It looks like we have to start all over with V8, which in my opinion has been a very bad decision for Umbraco to go in and is causing A LOT of frustration for developers. I for one have been looking for other mature CMS platforms. Many of the things we have programmed have to be reprogrammed or reconfigured and for what?

• Mov3nforward 117 posts 319 karma points
    Nov 20, 2019 @ 22:37
    Mov3nforward

I guess no one has an answer. V8 is looking less and less of an option. The issue I have with Umbraco in general is the lack of continuity from version to version. Updating an Umbraco site is like pulling teeth and I HATE doing it. It's worse than having a WordPress site full of plugins that are no longer supported. I am competing against other firms that use WordPress/Drupal where the update process is a breeze. When I update Umbraco, I have no idea if something that used to work will still work because someone at Umbraco decided the wind changed so lets throw everything that used work out the window and screw over our community. I have 9 umbraco sites in version 7 that I will not be able to charge a client to upgrade to V8 because NONE of the features we have created for them will work. When Umbraco went from V6 to V7, it stepped into the 21st century. V7 to V8 will cause your community to leave and look else where for a reliable CMS. I hate to say it, but we are looking for an alternative to Umbraco because over half the plugins we have grown to rely on over the past 3 years are useless in V8 and on top of that, V8 is FULL of bugs!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft