Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• iNETZO 133 posts 496 karma points c-trib
    Oct 23, 2019 @ 15:30
    iNETZO

Wierd issues when creating a user with startnodes

Hi,

I'm run into strange issues when a user is added to a usergroup where startnodes are set. I use the starter kit as an example. When I add a user to the group with “About Us” as the starting node, I see the following nodes in the content tree.

enter image description here

The top root node is clickable, the bottom one displays a forbidden-icon. When I create a new page under "About Us", in this case the page "Test", this page is only shown in the lower root node. The top root node must be manually reloaded before the "Test" node is also visible there.

This phenomenon occurs both with Content and with Media.

I tested this in Umbraco 8.1.5 and Umbraco 8.2. Both give the same result. In umbraco 7.15 the user only saw the bottom root node.

These are the group settings

Is it supposed to work this way? It seems like a bug to me but I couldn't find anything else about it and probably I am not the first to set start nodes for users. Tips are welcome!

Best regards

iNETZO

• iNETZO 133 posts 496 karma points c-trib
    Oct 23, 2019 @ 20:53
    iNETZO

This seems to be a bug in Umbraco 8 (all versions). Fortunately Marcel van Helmont had made a pull request for this problem and by adding his adjustments to the source code I was able to patch the problem. Thanks Marcel!

Unfortunately this issue has been open since February and it does not seem to have been adjusted in 8.2.1 and 8.3 ....

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft