Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Brohus 194 posts 475 karma points
    Oct 25, 2019 @ 09:47
    Anders Brohus

Can't login to Umbraco 8 suddenly

Hi Our...

I got a problem on one of our websites, suddenly we can't login to Umbraco we are getting these errors in the console

lazyload.min.js:1 GET http://localhost:44342/umbraco/ServerVariables?umb__rnd=89ed5b1ac97fee35e9bb89198d26fa77 net::ERR_ABORTED 401 (You must login to view this resource.)
    No url found for api name updateCheckApiBaseUrl
    Possibly unhandled rejection: No url found for api name backOfficeAssetsApiBaseUrl
    Possibly unhandled rejection: No url found for api name tourApiBaseUrl
    No url found for api name contentApiBaseUrl
    Possibly unhandled rejection: No url found for api name sectionApiBaseUrl

Any suggestions?

• Anders Brohus 194 posts 475 karma points
    Oct 25, 2019 @ 11:20
    Anders Brohus

Okay it have started working again without i have done anything, really strange .. :)

• Garret 68 posts 308 karma points
    Aug 14, 2020 @ 09:14
    Garret

I'm experiencing the same issue as described above. I have 2 visual studio projects. If I log into the backoffice of project 2 while also running project 1, project 1, breaks with the following errors. enter image description here

First thought was that it probably had something to do with the authentication cookies, but deleting them, closing visual studio and the browser doesn't help. If I close everything and restart, after couple of tries it works again.

Any idea to further debug this?

• Martin Kyukov 36 posts 231 karma points
    Sep 14, 2021 @ 13:32
    Martin Kyukov

Did you find a solution to this? Getting the same right now.

EDIT: For me the issue resolved on it's own ... My hypothesis is that it had something to do with authentication cookies/session/whatever.

• Sean Sachen 31 posts 77 karma points
    Mar 21, 2022 @ 14:38
    Sean Sachen

Did anyone find a viable solution for this? This issue still exists in v 8.17.0. I can temporarily get around it by setting the server date ahead by a day but this affects all other apps on that server to have the wrong date. Thank goodness the front end of the application still works, but it's critical that the backend function at all times as well.

Thanks.

Sean

• Jamie Attwood 201 posts 493 karma points c-trib
    Nov 11, 2022 @ 16:47
    Jamie Attwood

I am having this exact issue with all my U8 installs after a hardware change. Only U8. Can't login and I am seeing the exact same issue. I do recall the server tech telling me he needed to change the server clock at somepoint during the transfer. Any help appreciated.

Jamie

• Jamie Attwood 201 posts 493 karma points c-trib
    Nov 11, 2022 @ 19:31
    Jamie Attwood

Update: After this hardware change (which involved the restoration of an image during a time that crossed into the next day) Umbraco 7 and 6 backend API response datetime stamps were reflecting the correct system date and time. Strangely the Umbraco 8 APIs were using GMT that was a full day ahead of the system date time clock. My guess is the fact that the system and reported times did not match prevented login. The offsets were somehow not getting calculated. App pool recycle and IISRESET did nothing. After a complete reboot of the server, the offsets were then calculated correctly on restart and normal login behavior occurred. So, my level 1 support advice is REBOOT.

Cheers,

Jamie

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft