Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Damion 96 posts 331 karma points
    Oct 29, 2019 @ 16:08
    Damion

using "-" in code to assign no permissions

Reading the documentation on user permission codes it states that "-" should not be used to assign no permissions in code.

If I have created a new document and purposefully want no permissions on it, save for 1 person which I can then add after setting "-", why is this a bad idea?

• Jeffrey Veer 41 posts 308 karma points
    Oct 29, 2019 @ 16:17
    Jeffrey Veer

Hi Damion,

By default there are no permissions set to a document node when you create a new one. What is the goal you're trying to achieve? I might be understanding you wrongly

Oct 29, 2019 @ 16:21
    Damion

Hi again,

When I create a document in code (as a front end user) I can log in to the back office as an admin and see/browse that document.

If it is a front end user creation, then no one in the back office should be able to see these docs, they should only see ones created by themselves or their organisation.

So if i set the permission as "-" the back office cannot see it, but my logged in front end user can, which is what I need (hope that makes sense!)

• Jeffrey Veer 41 posts 308 karma points
    Oct 29, 2019 @ 16:31
    Jeffrey Veer

Hi,

Do I understand you correctly that you are trying to hide the document nodes content created by a front-end Member for the Users in the back-office, and that the front-end Members also have a User for the back-office?

If you want to limit the view of a Node (and it's children) you are maybe better of setting the permissions for that specific node to not allow browsing or other interactions.

If you don't want anyone seeing the nodes in the back-office, it might not be the best location to store the data and I would suggest moving the data to a table in the database.

Oct 29, 2019 @ 16:34
    Damion

That's pretty much it. I do agree it should be stored elsewhere but I'm only going by the spec! Anyway, thanks again.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft