Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• EV 36 posts 147 karma points
    Oct 31, 2019 @ 12:27
    EV

Hi everyone!

Does anyone have an idea of how we could implement a backoffice chat in Umbraco 7? We would like our backoffice Users to be able to send direct messages to each other.

Obviously we'd need a few extra tables, but does anyone have an idea on how to start?

We were thinking of creating a new section, and having the chat display in one custom dashboard for that section.

All opinions are welcomed. Thanks a lot in advance!

• Nik 1599 posts 7179 karma points MVP 6x c-trib
    Oct 31, 2019 @ 12:54
    Nik

Hey EV,

Actually this should be "reasonably" okay to do depending on the version of Umbraco 7 you are using. The later versions ship with SignalR as part of it so you could build a SignalR chat dashboard :-).

This could give you the ability to do group messaging/general chat, and direct DM's to indivduals.

FYI, I've not done it in Umbraco, but I have messed around with SignalR to build a basic chat app. Most SignalR tutorials seem to be around doing this :-)

Nik

• EV 36 posts 147 karma points
    Oct 31, 2019 @ 13:04
    EV

Hi Nik,

Thank you for replying!

We're using version 7.15.3, which means that we already have SignalR too. I guess the only thing left is to try.

If you think of anything else we might need to take into consideration, please let us know!

Have a nice day. :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft