Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marina 5 posts 85 karma points
    Nov 01, 2019 @ 09:40
    Marina

Content migration Umbraco 7 to Umbraco 8 - server error (Json Serialization)

Hi guys, has anyone faced a similar issue after upgrading content from Umbraco 7 to Umbraco 8? To be more specific I was upgrading 7.15.3 version to 8.2.0, and after trying to access Home page content got this error: enter image description here

Thanks in advance.

• Steve Megson 151 posts 1022 karma points MVP c-trib
    Nov 01, 2019 @ 12:12
    Steve Megson

That looks like your home page contains a nested content property, and the nested content has a dropdown property.

There's a change to how dropdown properties are stored in the database in v8, and the content migration doesn't (yet) know how to make that change for values inside nested content.

How much do you use dropdowns inside nested content? If it's only used in a few places then I could describe how to manually fix the stored value, but if you've got hundreds of pages to fix then that's not going to help.

• Marina 5 posts 85 karma points
    Nov 01, 2019 @ 12:53
    Marina

Hi Steve, thanks for the answer. I'm using the dropdown property in a few places.

• Steve Megson 151 posts 1022 karma points MVP c-trib
    Nov 01, 2019 @ 13:32
    Steve Megson

This should fix it:

• Edit the Home document type, changing the nested content property to use a Textarea editor.
    • Edit the document type that's used inside the nested content, setting the "Is an Element type" permission.
    • You should now be able to edit the home page, and see the stored JSON of the nested content.
    • Find the dropdown values within the JSON, and replace yourPropertyAlias:1099 with yourPropertyAlias:[]. Save the page.
    • Edit the Home document type again, changing the property back to use the original nested content editor.
    • You should now be able to edit the home page again and select the proper values for the dropdowns.
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft