Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Christina 127 posts 390 karma points notactivated
    Nov 05, 2019 @ 13:11
    Christina

Populate a List in Viewmodel gets null when post from View -> Surfacecontroller

Hi I have created a FormViewModel who contains a List.

I populate the List on render and return the model to the partialview.

The properties from list displays in the view, but when i post the FormViewModel back to Surfacecontroller the List is empty.

Can someone point me in right direction.

Thanks /Christina

• Ben Abbott 19 posts 124 karma points
    Nov 05, 2019 @ 13:37
    Ben Abbott

The data will only be sent to the surface controller if it's attached to a form element (textbox, dropdown etc). If you need the data sent to the surface controller, one option would be to store the data in a hidden input field

Nov 05, 2019 @ 14:51
    Christina

Hi Ben Thank you for helping me. I generate the list dynamically and ID and name will be different. and I get the following error No parameterless constructor has been defined for this object. Im trying to save content from FormViewModel -> Model

@for(int i = 0; i < Model.Allslopesform.Count(); i++)
    {
        @Html.CheckBoxFor(m => m.Allslopesform[i].IsOpen) 
        @Model.Allslopesform[i].SlopeName
    }

generated html

<input id="Allslopesform_0__IsOpen" name="Allslopesform[0].IsOpen" type="checkbox" value="true"><input name="Allslopesform[0].IsOpen" type="hidden" value="false"> slope1 ...and so on

• Ben Abbott 19 posts 124 karma points
    Nov 05, 2019 @ 16:36
    Ben Abbott

The 'No parameterless constructor has been defined for this object' error is usually thrown when a class is being serialised but can't (as it doesn't have a default constructor with no parameters)

Is the type used for the 'Allslopesform' property a custom class and if so, does it have constructors?

Nov 05, 2019 @ 18:55
    Christina

Many Thanks For helping me I figured it out, I had to populate an array

/C

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft