Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dave de Moel 122 posts 574 karma points c-trib
    Nov 05, 2019 @ 14:50
    Dave de Moel

Extending Umbraco Versioning the Api

Currently I am creating a client api for an app that needs to consume data from Umbraco, for that I need to version the Api for which I want to use Api Version Selector.

However, when implementing it I keep getting errors like

{
    "Message": "An error has occurred.",
    "ExceptionMessage": "Multiple controller types were found that match the URL. This can happen if attribute routes on multiple controllers match the requested URL.\r\n\r\nThe request has found the following matching controller types: \r\nSampleCpim.HelloWorldController\r\nSampleCpim.HelloWorld2Controller",
    "ExceptionType": "System.InvalidOperationException",
    "StackTrace": " at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.DefaultHttpControllerSelector.GetDirectRouteController(IHttpRouteData routeData)\r\n at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.DefaultHttpControllerSelector.SelectController(HttpRequestMessage request)\r\n at System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.d__1.MoveNext()"
    }

I have been able to find why that exception is caused, and am searching for a solution to that problem. When booting, Umbraco implements it's own Controller selecter called the NamespaceHttpControllerSelector which is configured in the WebInitialComponent. However, even when I create my own composer with the ComposeAfter attribute I don't seem to be able to override this selector.

How can I override the NamespaceHttpControllerSelector when booting Umbraco?

• Shola 65 posts 273 karma points
    Feb 08, 2021 @ 19:19
    Shola

Hello Dave, still running into this issue ourselves. Did you manage to find a solution?

• Stefano Beretta 101 posts 246 karma points
    Apr 08, 2021 @ 09:53
    Stefano Beretta

Hi! Any news about it?

Thanks

S

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft