Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Neil Thompson 2 posts 82 karma points
    Nov 08, 2019 @ 17:48
    Neil Thompson

How best to create simple Availability Calendar in Umbraco? (newbie)

Hi,

I'm looking for advice on what to learn to achieve the following task:

In the backend I want to build an interface that can capture:

Month (Number) and Year (Number),

eg: 11, 2019

and nested within the parent (above) a collection of

DayDate (Number), Price (Decimal), Note (String)

eg:

• 01, 100, Available

• 08, 200, Available

• 15, 210, Booked

• 22, 150, Cut-price Friday. Grab a bargain!

The objective is to create a collection of Month-Years, each of which contains a collection of Days, which will become an availability calendar on the front end.

To clarify, as a newbie, what I would like to know is how an experienced Umbraco developer would do this (Nested Content? Stacked Content? Custom tables?) - I can then go and research the appropriate bits, secure in the knowledge I am not wasting my time researching the wrong thing.

I'm pretty sure I can work out how to get the data out of a model, into the view. It's the backend that is all new to me.

x1000 thanks

• Amir Khan 1282 posts 2739 karma points
    Nov 12, 2019 @ 18:49
    Amir Khan

You probably don't need this package, but the screengrabs are helpful to articulate how your content tree would look: https://our.umbraco.com/packages/developer-tools/sleepymediadatefolders/#package-gallery-2

What you could do is create document types for each of your "folders" and build your content structure that way, so create year, month, day and note document types and set the permissions so month is allowed under year, etc. and build the tree out that way.

Hope that helps?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft