Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Petr 14 posts 44 karma points
    Nov 10, 2019 @ 08:13
    Petr

I'm really sorry if I can't look for. Didn't find anything. I need to create an environment (!) for developing (a couple of) new sites in Umbraco 8 … ideally that I can add new functionality in one place and reuse it. And later improve these sites. Is the right way to have a development environment in Visual Studio and publish it to production from there or you need to build and then customize your starter kit? I did not find instructions on how to publish from the Studio. Please advise how to work effectively. The "right way" (guidelines). I am not a novice (neither Umbraco nor .NET). Thanks.

• Tor Langlo 189 posts 532 karma points
    Nov 11, 2019 @ 02:38
    Tor Langlo

I agree, it's hard to find good information on how to get started with Umbraco in Visual Studio. There's probably an article somewhere with good instructions, but I think to get started you can do one of the following (I browsed the documentation for a while, and this is what I found):

1. Install Umbraco using VS Code, and then open the website with Visual Studio and work your way through any issues you might run into
    2. Install Umbraco using Visual Studio and Nuget
  • Petr 14 posts 44 karma points
    Nov 11, 2019 @ 08:14
    Petr

Thank you for your answer. I have done these steps. It works. I am able to publish site to production from VS by FTP … but I am not sure about usability in common cases.
    The main question is near "How to organize development (share stuff) and publishing & updating of several sites?"
    Several solutions in VS?
    Publish by FTP or with Deploy?
    How to hande database?
    Quite difficult.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft