Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Thomas 8 posts 119 karma points c-trib
    Nov 11, 2019 @ 13:45
    Thomas

Hi There

I'm trying to do a migration from 7.15.3 to 8.2.2. But unfortunately i get the following error:

The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: Migration failed: duplicate 'published' document versions.

Any hints on this one?

• Rob Shaw 36 posts 169 karma points c-trib
    Nov 11, 2019 @ 13:54
    Rob Shaw

I'm not sure if it's possible to directly upgrade from v7 => v8.

Migrating content to Umbraco 8

Umbraco 8 contains a lot of breaking changes and a lot of code has been cleaned up compared to Umbraco 7. Due to this, it will not be possible to do a direct upgrade from Umbraco 7 to Umbraco 8. Instead, you will need to migrate your content from your Umbraco 7 site into your Umbraco 8 site and then recreate the rest in the new version.

Nov 11, 2019 @ 14:00
    Thomas

I'm exactly following the mentioned article. But then i get the error above.

Nov 11, 2019 @ 14:19
    Rob Shaw

Ahh I see.

I remember someone having the same issue recently and they were told to run the following query on the v7 database

SELECT cmsContentVersion.ContentId, COUNT(cmsContentVersion.id)
    FROM cmsContentVersion
    JOIN cmsDocument ON cmsContentVersion.versionid=cmsDocument.versionid
    WHERE cmsDocument.published=1
    GROUP BY cmsContentVersion.ContentId
    HAVING COUNT(cmsContentVersion.id) > 1

They were then able to find the offending documents that had more than one version claiming to be published and take care of them as necessary.

Hope that helps!

Nov 11, 2019 @ 15:15
    Thomas

Thanks Rob! That helped, i'll mark your hint as solution. Nevertheless, i now get the next error:

The database failed to upgrade. ERROR: The database configuration failed with the following message: Cannot rename datatype alias "Umbraco.MultiNodeTreePicker2" to "Umbraco.MultiNodeTreePicker" because the target alias is already used...

I really don't see any obsolete property editors on my data types. Do you have a hint on this one as well? 😉

Nov 11, 2019 @ 15:22
    Rob Shaw

Glad that helped,

As for the next issue you might want to check this thread for more info, I think the issue is similar.

Good luck!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft