Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• charlie black 33 posts 106 karma points
    Nov 14, 2013 @ 21:32
    charlie black

migrate MVC 4 web app that runs side-by-side with umbraco 4.7.2 (uses UmbraMVCo)

We have an ASP.NET MVC 4 web app the is integrated with umbraco 4.7.2 and also uses the UmbraMVCo UmbrMVCoController. All our routes are set up in Global.asax (our application inherits from HttpApplication not umbraco).  In web.config, <system.WebServer> has <add name="umbraMVCoModule" type="UmbraMVCo.RequestModule" /> and also <add name="viewstateMoverModule" type="umbraco.presentation.viewstateMoverModule" /><add name="umbracoBaseRequestModule" type="umbraco.presentation.umbracobase.requestModule" />We want to upgrade the umbraco to a version with built-in mvc like 4.11.10. It looks like all the code in the UmbraMVCo.dll assembly has been moved into umbraco.dll. (?) But what do we replace this<add name="umbraMVCoModule" type="UmbraMVCo.RequestModule" />with? What in the newer versions of umbraco replaces the UmbraMVCo.RequestModule? What add node do we put in our web.config?I tried upgrading the ASP.NET MVC app with Nuget and the upgrade put <add name="UmbracoModule" type="Umbraco.Web.UmbracoModule, umbraco" /> but after starting up the web app in Visual Studio , it seems like umbraco has "taken over"? When I launch the web app, I got web server error saying it can't find default.aspx. Prior to upgrade, we had a startup page that would show up. I am able to go to localhost:XXXXX/umbraco, and that brings up the Welcome! screen but I can only advance up to where it reads and displays the connection string information from web.config. After that, the progress bar hangs at 5% and never gets any further. I can see that the page is in a continuous loop to p.aspx (?)How can I get the local sql instance of the database upgraded successfully? Do I have to do it from "outside" Visual studio?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft