Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Johan 50 posts 174 karma points
    May 23, 2014 @ 11:26
    Johan

Problems upgrading 4.9.1 to 4.11.10

My customer have a MS SQL db and a 4.9.1 umbraco installation which need to go up to 4.11.10

http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/version-specific

This fails for me:

Version 4.8.0 to 4.10.0

• Delete the bin/umbraco.linq.core.dll file
    • Copy the new files and folders from the zip file into your site's folder
      • /App_Plugins
      • /Views
      • global.asax
    • Remove the Config/formHandlers.config file
    I dont seem to do the /App_Plugins, /Views, global.asax   part correct ?
    I am using the 4.11.10 package to perform the above steps I am:
    1) Deleting the bin/umbraco.linq.core.dll file
    2) Copying every file from the 4.11.10 package ontop of the website
    3) Removing Config/formHandlers.config file
    but my site is breaking

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 23, 2014 @ 11:46
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Johan,

As I read your post, you´re trying to go fra 4.9.1 and 4.11.10. in one step. Maybe you could try to it in two steps, so first go from your current version 4.9.1 to 4.10.0 by doing what the gude says.

http://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/version-specific

After you hopefully have been able to upgrade from 4.9.1 to 4.10.0 and checked that everything works as intended, you could take the next step from 4.10.0 to 4.11.10

Just some inputs on how you could try upgrade your Umbraco installation.

Hope it helps,

/Dennis

May 23, 2014 @ 13:06
    Johan

I was trying to avoid the 4.10.0 because of a known bug there but ok I listen to what you say

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    May 23, 2014 @ 13:37
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Johan

What errors do you get? It would be a little easier to point you in the right direction if you could provide a tracelog of a YSOD or describe the error you see.

Also do you have some packages that could perhaps break the solution and be the cause of the error?

The above guide is usefull but some steps can be avoided so you can go from a to b without all the middle steps. However I have not done things this way myself before but I know that others have done it succesfully. Think the important part is that you don't forget to remove files, add configs from the different steps even though you go directly from a to b.

In regards to the bug in 4.10.0-4.11.4 there is a patch fixup package, which you can run in order to fix the bug - You can read more about it here http://umbraco.com/follow-us/blog-archive/2013/2/1/umbraco-4114-released.aspx

Hope this helps.

/Jan

May 23, 2014 @ 14:09
    Johan

I have done the steps for 4.9.1 to 4.10.0 and have merged the web.config old values into the structe of the new web.config. but when running the website it says "Welcome to the Umbraco installation". Is that correct or am I wrong already there?

Welcome to the Umbraco installation

Thanks for downloading the Umbraco CMS installer.

You are just a few minutes away from getting up and running. The installer will take you through the following process:-

• 1.Accept the easy to read License.
    • 2.Set up a database. There are a number of options available such as MS SQL Server, MS SQL Express Edition and MYSQL or you may wish to use the Microsoft SQL CE 4 database. You may need to consult your web host or system administrator.
    • 3.Set an Umbraco Admin password.
    • 4.You can then choose to install one of our great starter kits and a skin.
    • 5.But whatever you do don't forget to become part of the Umbraco community, one of the friendliest developer communities you will find. It’s what makes Umbraco such a great product and so much fun to use.
    Enjoy!

May 23, 2014 @ 14:12
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Johan

It is in fact correct - it's actually an upgrade dialog in this case - You're seeing it because there is an upgrade script that needs to be run. If I remember correctly it also says something about "Upgrade" somewhere in the sequence. But it's been a while since I last did an upgrade on Umbraco below 7 though.

Do you see a "Continue" / "Next" button on the screen as well?

Once it's run you should be able to login to Umbraco as usual. Remember to remove the /install folder afterwards.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

May 23, 2014 @ 14:15
    Johan

It runs on 4.10.0 now without any problems. Now off to the "Path Fixup" bugg

May 23, 2014 @ 14:17
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Johan

Have you read the post I linked above before you're doing it? Can't remember if it should be done while you're on 4.10 or if you should wait untill you're upgraded to 4.11. But the info is in the blogpost somewhere :)

Just want to make sure

/Mom ;-)

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    May 23, 2014 @ 14:18
    Dennis Aaen

Hi Johan,

That´s great news that you are one step closer now.

If you don´t know where to download the path fix it can be found here: http://our.umbraco.org/projects/developer-tools/path-fixup

/Dennis

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft