Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • shanem 39 posts 93 karma points
    Jul 31, 2014 @ 16:23
    shanem
    0

    Upgrading 6.1.6 to 6.2.0 and 1 = MissingMethodException: Method not found

    I have tried upgrading (using NuGet) from 6.1.6 to 6.2.0 and then 6.2.1 and I can see the Umbraco CMS and everything is working fine here, but when I go to the website I get this error:

    [MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1<Umbraco.Core.Models.IPublishedContent> Umbraco.Web.PublishedContentExtensions.Where(System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable1

    The document type property is a Multi-Node Tree Picker and this is what my calling code looks like:

    public IEnumerable<IPublishedContent> MainNavigation
        {
            get
            {
                return GetProperty<IEnumerable<IPublishedContent>>(MainNavigationAlias);
            }
        }
    

    I found this post which says the Where clause that is causing the problem has been fixed in 6.2.1 - so I upgraded but this didn't fix the problem.

    I've tried deleting PluginCache folder and recycling the app pool because I thought it might be due to DAMP but this didn't help.

    Please any help would be very welcomed!

  • Shannon Deminick 1501 posts 5124 karma points hq
    Aug 01, 2014 @ 06:13
    Shannon Deminick
    0

    I'm assuming you've rebuilt your project?

  • shanem 39 posts 93 karma points
    Aug 01, 2014 @ 20:08
    shanem
    0

    Yes. I've also manually deleted all files out the bin and rebuilt.

  • Chris Roberts 74 posts 106 karma points c-trib
    Dec 12, 2014 @ 14:15
    Chris Roberts
    0

    I'm running into a very similar problem having upgraded from v6.1.3 to v6.2.4... How did you resolve this in the end?

    Thanks,
    - Chris

  • shanem 39 posts 93 karma points
    Dec 23, 2014 @ 15:02
    shanem
    0

    I never fixed it. I'm still using 6.1.6 on that project. Sorry :(

  • Steph Kyriakou 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jan 09, 2015 @ 00:56
    Steph Kyriakou
    0

    Same issue here after just upgrading from v6.1.2.to 6.2.4.
    Was there any resolution to this? 

     

  • Chris Roberts 74 posts 106 karma points c-trib
    Jan 25, 2015 @ 22:14
    Chris Roberts
    0

    Hello,

    Finally remembered how I fixed this issue (as I came across it agian with another project) - here's how I did it...

    Essentially, I had a reference in the project to a DLL from a previous version of Umbraco.

    This came about as I'd installed v6.1.6 via NuGet. Then, when upgrading to v6.2.4 I just downloaded the files and overwrote those in my /bin folder.

    But - I think some of the references were still pointing at the NuGet version (which was still v6.1.6).

    So - executing the following NuGet command in the package manager console sorted things out for me...

    Update-Package UmbracoCms -Version 6.2.4

    Doing a simple update wasn't an option for me as if you don't specify the version number, you get v7!

    Hope this helps someone!
    - Chris

     

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft