Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
I am trying to upgrade an umbraco application from version 4.11.9 upwards (starting by going to either 4.11.10 or v6). When I attempt to upgrade this to 4.11.10, the install process does not auto run.
However, when I change the umbracoConfigurationStatus within the web.config, the install process does run, but it attempts to install the current version.
How can I solve this?
As a further note, if I create a new umbraco application in 4.11.9 and attempt to upgrade this to 4.11.10, this works fine.
It sounds like you're using NuGet?
Make sure to follow the upgrade instructions: https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/Installation/Upgrading/general
FYI: You shouldn't have to manually update umbracoConfigurationStatus, it is how we detect if the installation needs updating.
I'm not using NuGet at present, I am manually upgrading.
I have followed the instructions and seem to be encountering the same error every time. As mentioned, I can get a brand new umbraco application to upgrade fine. So I believe it's an issue with the current application rather than the process I'm taking to upgrade?
The only reason that I updated the umbracoConfigurationStatus was to force the installation to run (it appears to be attempting to install 4.11.9 instead of the newer version that I am attempting to - hence changing this ran the installer)
What is happening (I think): You're copying the files from the newer Umbraco version into the folder of your current website. Then you most likely do a build in Visual Studio. Your build is most likely overwriting the files you just copied into the bin folder, reverting to the older Umbraco version. So make sure to check whether something is overwriting the dlls in your bin folder.
I have just checked this, and 1 dll file is being overwritten.
This dll file is the one that shares its name with the Visual Studio project. Is this likely to be the cause?
A little background info on how this works:
In umbraco.dll we have stored the version of Umbraco (so if you download 4.11.10 then that would be the version in the dll). We compare that version to umbracoConfigurationStatus and if that's different from the version in the dll, we start the upgrade installer. Otherwise, Umbraco just keeps running as it was.
So that 1 dll changing is just fine and I have absolutely no idea what the problem is in that case. I still believe the wrong dlls are in your bin folder somehow. :-)
It would appear when copying over the whole folder, some dlls (including umbraco.dll) were not copying over. Moving these one by one seemed to fix the issue.
Thanks for the help.
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted