Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Dan 1 post 71 karma points
    Nov 10, 2015 @ 23:22
    Dan

Verbose Debugging Help - 4.7.1 - Server Move (Now it's Broken)

Hi guys,

I'm working on a project moving an existing 4.7.1 project from Rackspace to AWS.

We used a tool to clone the drive, and have migrated the DB over to an AWS RDS instance.

From the web node running the app, I've modified the connection strings in web.config to point to the new server, and I enabled Debugging.

I've confirmed that the connection is available from the webnode to the RDS server.

When the wrong DB connection information is entered, I get an error page showing "can't connect to DB" error. After it's updated to the new server info, that message goes away but a new one appears.

IIS seems to be working properly (I can get images and error messages) but I can't seem to get the app to connect to the new DB server.

Here's the error message I get:

"Error loading Razor Script MvcRenderAction.cshtml Umbraco Exception (DataLayer): SQL helper exception in ExecuteReader"

Seems to be a generic cant connect to DB message. I've looked in App_Data\logs, and see more info about it not being able to connect, but it doesn't say what specific DB or table in the output.

I also looked in App_Data\temp, but don't see any other files in there.

Can anyone give me advice what steps I can try next? As this was copied from the drives of a working system, I would believe that the configuration should be virtually the same, the drive paths and contents were all mapped over properly.

I'm completely new to Umbraco, and just need to connect the pieces for the move to be successful.

I'm a developer by trade, so any quick info of where to look for better debug info would be very helpful.

EDIT: I just found that some of the URLS work, and others don't... about 50% are loading, and the others just die with the same error.

THANKS!@

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft