Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• M N 125 posts 212 karma points
    Feb 03, 2016 @ 20:44
    M N

7.2.4 -> 7.3.7 Via Nuget empty backend

So my NUGET upgrade seemed to have work fine.. It went through the usual steps to upgrade to 7.3.7.. I overwrote all my config files as well..

When I built and ran it upgraded the database, or said it did. Then when I view the site everything worked ok.. Lastly, I viewed the backend and I am seeing the following screenshot. I followed these instructions, https://our.umbraco.org/documentation/getting-started/setup/upgrading/general which states for 7.2+ -> upgrades you simply run the nuget upgrade and you're good to go. However, it does not state whether you should still overwrite your config and do all the merge instructions.

Any quick thoughts on this, or should I just create a new install and try to point it at the current database? If so can I just run a install umbracocms and then copy my templates and such over? I don't have many packages, so I can manually drop the tables in SSMS or something?

Thanks in advance for any/all advice!

enter image description here

• Nate Bross 2 posts 71 karma points
    Feb 03, 2016 @ 23:26
    Nate Bross

Are there any errors in the Network tab of the browser developer tools? Might point you in the right direction for a solution.

• M N 125 posts 212 karma points
    Feb 04, 2016 @ 14:30
    M N

Thanks Nate,

The console errors were not overly helplful. I was seeing failures to load jquery, but I see that all the time with Umbraco.

Ended up creating a fresh nuget pull and pointing it at the existing database.

Thank you for your efforts! -Marc

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft