Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ashan 3 posts 23 karma points
    Feb 16, 2016 @ 06:41
    Ashan

Upgrade Umbraco from version 6 to 7

Hi guys,

I'm trying to upgrade existing Umbraco site from version 6.1.5 to 7.2.2. I have upgarde the umbraco package using nuget package manager and solved all the build errors and config errors. Now i'm able to open up the Umbarco backoffce in version 7.

But when I try to navigate to the document types, dictionary items, installed packages etc (all the components which is in settings and developer tab in Umbraco back office), it gives me following errors. when i try to access the document types it gives me error like image 1. And when i try to access other items in settings and developer tabs it gives me error like image 02.

Image 01 error -

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Image 02 error -

Method not found: 'Void umbraco.editorControls.ResourceExtensions.RegisterEmbeddedClientResource(System.Web.UI.Page, System.Type, System.String, umbraco.cms.businesslogic.datatype.ClientDependencyType)'.

According my read, uComponents which used in Umbraco 6 was not compatible with Umbraco 7. I think this error is related to that.

Can anyone help me reagdring this error please.

enter image description here

enter image description here

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Feb 16, 2016 @ 11:38
    Jeroen Breuer

Hello,

What version of uComponents are you using? uComponents v6.1.0 should not break Umbraco v7: https://github.com/uComponents/uComponents/releases/tag/6.1.0

Jeroen

• Ashan 3 posts 23 karma points
    Feb 17, 2016 @ 06:13
    Ashan

Hi Jeroen,

I have been using uComponent version 5.5.2. But i have update my uComponents using Nuget to version 6.1.0. But it does not seems working.

Ashan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft