Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at


  • Peter Gregory 404 posts 1568 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Mar 12, 2014 @ 04:52
    Peter Gregory
    0

    Missing assemblies when installing version Analytics 1.0.2

    During the install it showed a massive red error saying that some assembly references were not found.

    Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Threading.Tasks, Version=1.0.12.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

    Im assuming that it is to do with the google api dependency.

  • Anders Bjerner 422 posts 2333 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Mar 14, 2014 @ 00:05
    Anders Bjerner
    0

    How exaclty do you experience this error? If I try a fresh install (Umbraco 7.0.4), Umbraco will list some DLLs under "Binary file errors detected", but I don't experience any actual errors.

    Anyways, when Googling your error, it seems that it has something to do with the Google DLLs as you suggest. The Google DLLs were removed in 1.0.1 since they weren't used, but I can see they have been added again in 1.0.2. Not sure why, but I will investigate ;)

  • Peter Gregory 404 posts 1568 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Mar 14, 2014 @ 00:14
    Peter Gregory
    0

    I just got the nuget package for that dependency and it worked fine after that. Microsoft.BCL?? I think it is not by my dev machine right now so cant check its exact name.

  • Emma Garland 34 posts 109 karma points MVP 2x c-trib
    Nov 29, 2014 @ 14:54
    Emma Garland
    0

    I had this error when upgrading to 7.2 RC and had some previous nuget issues and some missing DLLs and manifest conflicts in my particular website.

    I find downloading the zip of the Umbraco package you're trying to install and doing a diff of the bin folder DLLs is the best way to make sure you're using the correct packages if anything ever goes wrong after the default nuget install. For instance I installed some other nuget packages after the default install so I needed to ensure that this hadn't had any negative effect.

    Anyway this was the final error (after a Newtonsoft.Json assembly conflict error) as per the OP:

    Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Threading.Tasks, Version=1.0.12.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

    so in nuget package console I ran

    Install-Package Microsoft.Bcl.Async

    https://www.nuget.org/packages/Microsoft.Bcl.Async/

    Make sure it's the right version being installed - mine installed Microsoft.Threading.Tasks.dll 1.0.168.0 as part of this install but the default Umbraco package in 7.2 RC uses 1.0.165.0 - this hasn't had any known effect on my website personally however but best to be careful with this.

    Anywa, this fixed the error for me too, thanks for the heads up! I'm now on 7.2 RC :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft