Press Ctrl / CMD + C to copy this to your clipboard.
This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at
Is it supposed to look like this:
If not, what could be the problem?
If yes, how do I change it?
I want it to look like: "Analytics visits" minus "" instead of [analytics_visit] as it is now.
No this is not supposed to look like this. This means translations have not been loaded. What language is your Umbraco backoffice user set to, as we only have a limited set of translations and this could be the problem.
Im using Swedish as my language in backoffice.
If there is no translation maybe I can take the time to help you with that if you tell me how :)
Ah OK that is going to be the reason why.
Do you mind setting your language to english to see if they come back first to verify that is the problem though.
You can compare the other translations here
I have tried to change the language to english and it works as i should :)
When I have made a translation-file for Swedish I will contact you so that you can upload it to github if you want.
Yes please submit a Pull Request for the translation when your done :)
I have now done the translation and saved it to "se.xml" . How do I actually use it in umbraco? I have placed the file in the same folder as the other language-files but I can manage to find where I change the language in Umbraco back-office.
Unfortunately the way Umbraco currently works is that those translations need to be merged into the main se.xml file for Umbraco. Package developers need to merge this in. This happens on package install for Analytics.
However the Umbraco core team are aware of this and is fixed in coming versions - http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-5777
To Quote Shannon on this (this is coming in 7.3 btw):
But in the mean time add these to your Umbraco/Config/lang/se.xml file & see if that works please, like so:
Good to read about the next update, it is gonna be great! :)
I tried adding the translation as you recommended to Umbraco/Config/lang/se.xml but unfortunately it does not work.
If a re-install the package, how do I get the translation in place? Do we need to upload se.xml to the package? If yes, how do I do that? :)
Hmm odd about adding it to the main /umbraco/config/lang/se.xml file did not work ?!
I am not sure what to suggest to resolve that as that should have worked, the only thing I can think off is browser caching (so try removing your browser cache) and secondly to restart the app pool for the site, as these keys may get loaded into memory when the site first boots up.
I would love your translation file please, you can add it as a Pull Request to the project on GitHub here - https://github.com/warrenbuckley/analytics
Ive added it to the se.xml file located at obj/Release/Package/PackageTmp/umbraco/Config/Lang/se.xml , I guess thats the file you mentioned?
I will do a pull request with the translation-file :)
Sorry I am not sure where you got that path obj/Release/Package/PackageTmp/umbraco/Config/Lang/se.xml
If you want to add it to the GitHub project the correct location will be here: https://github.com/warrenbuckley/Analytics/tree/develop/Analytics/App_Plugins/Analytics/config/lang
I searched in Solution Exlorer after folderns named Umbraco and that was the one I found. Now when all folders is included in the project I found the one you referring to and now it works perfect! :)
I have never used Github but I will take time in a matter of days to learn it so that we can get the translation up!
If you prefer Paul to send over the translation file, I will gladly add it to the project if you want.
That would be awesome! Give me your email and I will send it :)
It is warren at creative web specialist co uk
You've got mail
This has also just happened to our BackOffice after upgrading from 8.0.2 to 8.1.0, see attached screenshot. Language is set to EN-US, switching to other languages (like EN) in web.config doesn't seem to affect it. Not sure how to correct it since the /lang/*.xml files all seem to be in place and we didn't make any other config changes during the upgrade (via NuGet in VS).
is working on a reply...
Write your reply to:
Image will be uploaded when post is submitted